Table of Contents
Compsoc chat is brought to you by Openfire and the letter C.
General XMPP Settings
- Login : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server : compsoc.nuigalway.ie
- Port : 5222
- Encryption Required : Yes
- Ignore SSL Cert Errors : Yes
- Add your Compsoc account.
- In Pidgin: Accounts → Manage → Add
- Fill in you details similar to below:
* In Pandion, start the client, you will be asked to input your user name (email@example.com) and password (your compsoc server password).
* The client should connect without any problems.
Searching for Users
- From your buddy list go to Accounts → <you>@compsoc.nuigalway.ie → Search for Users…
- The search directory is search.compsoc.nuigalway.ie
* To add users, click Actions → Add a contact
* The easiest way to find users is to search for them by name
- From your buddy list go to Tools → Room List
- Select your compsoc account
- Click on Get List
- Conference Server is conference.compsoc.nuigalway.ie
- Click on Find Rooms
- Select the room you want
- If you just want to join, click Join
- You can add the chat to your roster by clicking Add
First of all make sure you have setup a ssh tunnel to connect a local port to be forwarded to the college proxy server. See How-to: SSH Tunnels.
- Follow the initial instructions and fill out the basic tab as in the example above
- Fill the Advanced tab as below
- This example assumes that the local port being forwarded in the SSH Tunnels example is 3022.
File transfers have not yet been tested or had the correct settings determined.